onsdag 15 oktober 2008

Karin day 11

My mission today was to mend or fix something. I've been mending my black velvet 50s dress, it was ripped apart under both arms and the last time I mended it I only stitched the seam back in it's place but it ripped again since I wave my arms too much when I am drunk. So this time I put black patches there to give myself more room to move around. However this is not that fun to take a picture of since it doesn't really show at all so I won't.

Then I finished what I started yesterday. I had these really annoyingly boring wool/acrylic socks that I felt unreasonably aggressive towards since I don't like owning things I don't think are pretty but really can't throw something fully useful away either. So I crocheted a border in brown, a lacey edge in white and put two big purple bows on them and now I like them and am going to try to mend them until they fall apart completely and then some more. Here they are with my other, most beloved socks over.





1 kommentar:

hybris sa...

fina sockor OCH karin, mitt mellannamn är faktiskt på riktigt irmelin! haha. jag tänkte inte att det kunde ha något med något annat att göra alls faktiskt.